Friday, January 30, 2009

The Simpson's Movie




The Simpson’s Movie


“Spider-pig, spider-pig, does whatever a spider-pig does…” If only I could do half of what they do in this movie. I mean Homer was doing motorcycle tricks and defying death like no other, while at the same time producing gut busting comedy for a rapt audience. It was definitely a good use of two hours time. It was very funny for a first time Simpson watcher like myself. The creator’s weren’t afraid to make fun of anything or anyone which is crucial for any comedy. I would give two thumbs up to David Silverman, Matt Groening, and James L. Brooks for the creation of something so funny.

There was a great plot in the movie where Homer pollutes the lake of Springfield to a new level. “Springfield has become...” – (Russ Cargill)

“Woooo! Springfield!” – (Man)

“ ...the most polluted city in the history of the planet.” – (Russ Cargill)

“Drama queen!” – (Krusty the Clown)

And like most people they just tend to ignore it until dome sweet dome is right on top of them. The city soon after turns into chaos as people are running everywhere and an angry mob try to hang Homer and his family. They managed to escape through a sinkhole and the townspeople think that “They're China's problem now”. Needless to say, some ridiculous things are said and are incredibly funny along with many scenes that are flat out unbelievable. I would give this movie a 9 out of 10 for its great comedy and plotline.

I don’t really know how to comment on this movie’s acting other than whoever drew the characters in motion did it well, even if they are all yellow. I think that whoever made some of the lines up that turned into quotes deserves a pat on the back. A lot of them are true which causes them to be funny like.

“S-sir, I'm afraid you've gone mad with power...” – (EPA Official)

“Of course I have. You ever tried going mad without power? It's boring. No one listens to you!” – (Russ Cargill)
Or “But I'm so angry.” – (Lisa)

“ You're a woman. You can hold on to it forever.” – (Marge)
Then along with those there are some pointless ones which I won’t list but you get the point.

Overall this was a great movie that I honestly wouldn’t have watched because I’ve never followed the Simpson’s and this was my first viewing. I can tell you that I might have to change that around a little bit because it was just a so-stupid-it’s-funny kind of show. It really is hard to comment on an animated film but the few people who did all those voices were very convincing, because I didn’t realize it until the credits. I would definitely recommend you take a little time to watch this movie.

No comments: